Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stitch


Stitch (not a Disney character) is the name of my block submission for the Sew Out Loud quilt-along block contest. 

After sewing along with this QAL for the last couple of months, I’ve learned a lot about paper piecing. Of course I’m like 4 blocks behind at this point, but the blocks have all been stellar and just awe-inspiring in their ingenuity and uniqueness not to mention humor! All sew-alongs should be this fun.  The sew-along includes a final 12th block designed by one of the members picked from this contest.  So this is my submission.  

Stitch
 Let me just tell you that if you think foundation piecing is hard, wait until you try to design a foundation pieced block.  It’s a lot trickier than it looks.  This final block is actually my 3rd try. My first try was not working out at all, so I redesigned and came up with this block which then needed to be further refined and voila you have the final block. 

Go check out the other submissions if you like – they are all stunning.  The winner will have their block made available as part of the sew-along.  I plan to publish this foundation block pattern myself on the blog  in the next few weeks if not sooner.  I am working on the e-version of the drawing right now, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

DianeY said...

Your block is wonderful! And you don't need to convince me that designing one is hard work! I can't quite wrap my brain around it!

verykerryberry said...

Big Congrats! Have you read your emails? Have you got the news? Well done, thrilled for you!